We are proud to announce that Our IT Department has been awarded ISO 27001:2013 certification. This globally recognised certificate confirms that an independent body has approved our Information Security Management systems, enforcing our expertise when ensuring the confidentiality, availability and integrity of our systems and data.
WHAT IS ISO 27001:2013?
ISO 27001:2015 is an internationally recognised standard that describes best practice for an Information Security Management system, also known as ISMS. It is awarded to organisations that demonstrate the highest standards of security when handling information and data.
This certification is subject to ongoing internal and external audits. A full review of our systems is conducted every six months in order to ensure that we remain fully compliant.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR OUR CUSTOMERS?
It is important for our customers to know that we are fully committed to maintaining information security when handling sensitive, business critical data. Achieving ISO 27001 certification isn’t easy, but it provides our customers with the assurance that their data is being handled securely and professionally.
The process of achieving ISO 27001:2013 certification is as follows:
- Our Operations Manager, Chris Beechend is appointed to manage the implementation of guidelines. Chris has specialist knowledge of the ISO 27001:2013 accreditation process and requirements.
- Risk assessment. Certified International Systems (CIS) attend site to assess our existing information security. All of our systems and processes are analysed and tested in an effort to discover if any improvements are required to meet ISO 27001:2013 guidelines.
- Once this process is complete, everything is documented and milestones are set in place for pre-audit assessments and ongoing audits.
- Staff members who are exposed to data are fully trained to follow existing internal policies and execute the ISO 27001:2013 guidelines.
- A pre-audit risk assessment is then conducted to assess the effectiveness of these policies and ensure that we are working within accordance with the guidelines.
- Finally, an independent assessor attends site to conduct the final ISO 27001:2013 certification audit.
- We then breathe a huge sigh of relief when we receive our accreditation!
A special mention must go to our Operations Manager Chris Beechend, who has worked incredibly hard to ensure that we can demonstrate the highest levels of proficiency when handling both company and customer data.
ABOUT OUR IT DEPARTMENT.
Our IT Department is a London-based IT services organisation. If you are a small business that is looking for professional IT support then contact us today on 020 8 501 7676.